Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stitches are out.....mooring is in!

Lt Christ and one of my shipmates.
Another exciting few days aboard the Healy. Yesterday was a quiet day as the mooring team was pretty exhausted, so I decided it was a good time to get my stitches out. Natalie, they said that right now there is no such job as a nurse on a USCG helicopter but they thought it was a pretty good idea! My knee feels great! I took it easy and iced it and wrote up mooring reports.

Today I was scheduled to do my last mooring this afternoon but the weather was a bit iffy so we decided to do it FIRST. Yipes! but as usual all went well and got the mooring in just fine. I know I haven't explained what these data  will tell us - hopefully I'll get to that soon.
Dave and I with my final mooring ready to go.


We are headed east - the sun came out FINALLY and it was chilly but fun on deck. We saw our first ice on the horizon and hope to see lots more soon. And yes Natalie, we often go in circles! Hello to all - I miss you!

6 comments:

  1. Hurrah - glad the leg feels pretty good too. good luck on reading the moorings.Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the picture of you and the moorings - Thanks - Enjoy, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neighbors all enjoy reading the blogs and looking forward to you seeing more ice - Mary can't wait for that to come. Love Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, you look like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww, that should be a job! hurrumph! nat

    ReplyDelete